ABOUT THE OPEN CALL
The 11th edition of Singapore Art Week (SAW) seeks to energise audiences through playful interventions that transform spaces across the island, and offer opportunities for gatherings, conversations, and play. Expanding on SAW’s call for projects in unconventional spaces, we ask how we might induce a state of play that will draw people informal connections with one another and our environments.
OPEN CALL FOR SAW 2023 PROPOSALS
This Open Call invites Singapore-based artists, curators, producers, collectives, galleries, institution and organisations (non-profit and for-profit) to submit proposals for SAW 2023 that respond to the theme of Play.
In particular, the Open Call seeks interdisciplinary and participatory projects that foreground collaborations between artists, disciplines, artists and their public, as well as artists and the environment.
Download the SAW 2023 Open Call Brief, where you may find further details of the Open Call and this year's curatorial inspiration. We urge all interested parties to read the brief thoroughly.
If you would like to discuss your proposals with us ahead of the submission deadline, please contact the Singapore Art Week team at email@example.com.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants are required to fill up the online application form and submit the following supporting materials by the 24 July 2022 (Sunday), 2359 hours:
2. CVs/Portfolios of key personnel
3. Proposed list of artists and artworks
4. Other supporting documents (where relevant)
We encourage interested parties to attend the briefing sessions conducted by the SAW team to learn more about SAW and the Open Call. There will be time allocated for Q&As, should you have any queries to clarify.
These sessions will take place on:
- 17th June 2022 (Fri), 4:00 PM
- 18th June 2022 (Sat), 10:30 AM
- 1st July 2022 (Fri), 4:00 PM
- 2nd July 2022 (Sat),10:30 AM
Please RSVP for the briefing sessions here.
1. SAW’s funding support varies by project type and applicant. All projects are evaluated by a panel and the amount of funding received by successful projects is dependent upon an evaluation score. Successful past projects have typically received funding between $15,000 and $40,000.
2. Proposals that involve collaborations with foreigners are eligible as long as the lead applicant(s) is a Singaporean Citizen or Permanent Resident based in Singapore and that at least half the artistic team comprises of Singaporeans or Permanent Residents.
3. Projects must be presented continuously for the entire duration of 6 - 15 January 2023. However, the project’s start date may begin before 6 January 2023 and its end date may extend beyond 15 January 2023.
4. Applicants should not include open calls in their proposals as a complete list of artists/artworks is required for evaluation.
5. Applicants are required to include the proposed venue and complete list of artists/artworks to allow for a more holistic assessment of the proposals.
6. For the full eligibility criterias and guidelines, please refer to the SAW 2023 Open Call Brief.
If you have any further clarification to make, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.