Open Call for Proposals (Due: 30 Jun 2018, 5pm)The National Arts Council (NAC) is looking to commission new visual arts programmes which will take place during Singapore Art Week 2019 from 19 to 27 Jan 2019.
Singapore Art Week is a platform which offers artists, collectives, organisations, and other art intermediaries an opportunity to present a range of visual arts projects, discussions, and exhibitions for local and international audiences. It also aims to launch innovative lifestyle concepts and events by activating the arts sector and its supporting industries during this period. For the upcoming iteration, applicants are encouraged to submit visual arts proposals with interdisciplinary modes of collaboration that may extend into parallel fields of design, technology, architecture, performance, film, or literature.
NAC welcomes artists, collectives, organisations, and other art intermediaries to submit proposals for visual arts programmes. Only Singaporeans / Permanent Residents, or groups consisting of at least 50% Singaporean / Permanent Residents are eligible for this Open Call. Successful applicants will receive a grant from NAC to plan and execute the proposed programmes.
The roles and deliverables for successful applicants include:
- Project administration, including the management of programme objectives, timeline and budget;
- Securing venue(s) for the programme and ensuring related licences and permissions required for rental of venue(s) are fully obtained and paid;
- Managing a publicity and marketing plan to reach intended target audiences.
The proposed visual arts programme can be presented in one of the following formats:
- Guided Tour
- Conference / Talk
- Film Screening
- Temporary Outdoor Artwork Installation
The proposed programme should target at least one of the demographics:- General Public: Programmes to encourage art appreciation amongst those with little or no prior knowledge / interest in visual arts.
- Visual Arts Enthusiasts: Programmes suitable for people who are interested in deepening their understanding of visual arts.
- Art Collectors & Patrons: Programmes suitable for new and / or existing art collectors / patrons who are interested in understanding the art market and art collecting in Singapore.
- New Audiences: Programmes which are inclusive and cater to a wider diversity of audience (e.g. Families with young children, elderly).
Programme ConsiderationsThe proposed programme should ensure the following considerations are met:
- Feature artworks / programmes that have not been presented in Singapore before
- Increase public awareness of visual arts
- Quality engagement with public to develop visual arts literacy
Assessment CriteriaApplicants will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Artistic strength of programme
- Public engagement
- Capacity and commitment to execute the programme
How to ApplyInterested applicants are required to submit the following as part of their application:
- Application form
- Budget – Applicant is required to submit a budget that details the costs of the proposed programme
- CV / Portfolios of key personnel
- Other supporting documents, where relevant
The application (including all necessary documents) should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 June 2018 (Saturday), 5pm. NAC will not be able to accord any extension beyond this deadline. Only completed submissions will be considered. For further enquiries regarding the Singapore Art Week 2019 Open Call, please email: email@example.com